Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Lauren and Jordan Are Turning 7!

Jordan's Bday card
Lauren's Bday card


My girls are turning 7 tomorrow! I have had these images coloured since before Christmas, so I figured it's long past time to use them.
80's Anya is for Jordan. I used some Hannah Montana pp and pulled the colours from it for the card and the colouring. I attempted my first stitching... will definitely be needing practice. (Mel don't look to closely, you'll just die) :o) It was fun though to give something new a try. I used a layout that was from TGF - CAF#4. Sewed on a couple of fun buttons in similar colours. I actually cut Anya out and I'm liking the way it looks.
Mermaid Anya - I first coloured her and then pulled the colours from her tail for the papers and accessories. I was at a scrapbook store on Sunday buying me some new copics.. really light coloured ones... love them. I picked up the coordinating coloured papers and little stick on pearls. The plastic shells are left over from my bridal shower 10 yrs ago. Why I had kept them I'm not sure, but they were finally put to some use. I used my newest nesties - Labels Four. It's so nice to have new items to play with once and awhile. I cuttlebugged the swirly folder on the two panels of green paper. The white and the green dotted ones were bought that way. Cool new papers out there. I had to refrain from going paper crazy! This layout was TGF - CAF #5. Loving their layouts.
We go for high tea this Saturday with their Gramma, our best friends Suzi and Makenna and some school friends for their little party celebration! I'm so looking forward to it, but am sad they are growing up just a little too quickly!
Kim

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow your girls turn 7! That seems to me to be entering the best of times.... they're old enough that you don't feel like a yoyo at meal time and they dress themselves and all those things, but they haven't hit the hormones yet.
I'm sure that they will love their cards. You've done a super job on both! Way to branch out into the stitching! I think that's the coolest look.
Hope your tea time is fabulous!
Beth

Elle said...

Hey Kim....These are awesome! I so wish that I had kept my hand in! They are beautiful and I am sure that the girls loved them and their day! :) Elle