Thursday, April 2, 2009

SC212 & CC212 So Sorry

I combined this weeks cc212 with an older sc212. I find it so awkward to make With Sympathy type cards. I thought these colours weren't too overly bright or overly drab to use for one. My BF's hubbies Gramma passed away this last Monday and they have come down to help his Mom out with everything. I thought I'd make a card for the both of them. I also still need to make one for my MIL for the passing of her dog. I think I'll stick to the same colours. I better get back in there and make myself do it or I'll procrastinate until it seems too late to send.

Recipe:

Stamps - Stampendous Posie Doodle, So Many Sayings
Papers - Choc. chip, Ridinghood red, pink pirouhette and SU PP (can't recall name)
Inks - Choc chip craft ink
Accessories - Pink ribbon, clear ep, copics, stickles, brads, punches, rectangle scallop nesties

Thanks for stopping by for a look!

Kim

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I have that DP too but I don't remember the name either. I think this is a perfect colour combination for a sympathy card. I like how you did the sentiment and very pretty flower!

Our SU Lady just did a beautiful sympathy card at a party in March. The card was ivory; the background was black; She used the texture pads to make lines (again I forget the name); We did shadow stamping with Black and Mellow Moss and the Upsy Daisy stamp in the shape of a circle; Framed the circle with mellow moss scallops; add "With Sympathy" and framed that with Vanilla HH. It was loverly, just like yours!!
And with that I'm off to the basement with my men...I think I hear a hockey game.
Beth Greco

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

This is beautiful honey. Great layout. So sorry that you need sympathy cards, but I know you're sweet thoughtfulness will mean a lot. That's a lovely flower & nice warm colours. Hugs, :O) mdg