Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Whipper Snapper Otto The Owl


I took the copic class last Sat. morning and this is one of the images I had coloured in. I had a hard time getting the hang of staying in a small area and working my way out and keeping the edges wet. Am I slow or what??
I would never have used or bought this image, but I now think it's a great image for guy cards. I have no guy images. This is Otto the Owl from Whipper Snapper.
It was nice having a big range of colours to pick from. We used the Copic Originals, which I don't own any of. I liked the bullet end of them. So many Copic choices. I have some Ciao and Sketch ones. They are so much $$$ to invest in, but slowly I'll get a few more.
I also bought some rub on Happy Birthday's and Thinking of You's. I need to get the hang of how to keep it in place for it not to move and rub it off at the same time. Again.. ya I guess I'm not too talented to be having a problem with that. I added a little Bday hat in the matching pp. Now, I have a guys card on hand.
TFL!
Kim

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like your Otto!! Paper piecing is just so fun and I love the hat you've added here. So you'll have to send me your tips from the Copic Class.
Beth Greco

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

I love this owl card! Sweet colours & his hat is SO cute. Wicked layout. I can't wait to take Copic lessons from you (save me $20 bucks heehee) 'cause I know you're not slow AT ALL just a million times to modest. LOL. Smmoches XOX mdgkpa

Anonymous said...

Kim, went through all the cards and you do nice work. I will have to check out some of the sketches and inks for scrapbooking.

Karen