Thursday, February 26, 2009

Princess Money Holder

My girls received money holders from Gramma Karen for their Bdays. I just loved them and wanted to try and copy them. Here is my Princess version. The one I copied, is at the bottom of this post! I love the colours on it!

Measurements/ Scoring - 8" x 9" piece of paper Score from top 3 1/2" Score from bottom 2" Fold bottom piece to inside of the card and adhere sides to be the money pocket.

Patterned Paper Measurements - top piece - 2", middle piece 3/8", bottom piece 1 1/4". The bottom and middle pieces I made bigger then those measurments, as it was easier to work with and then just covered it up with the next layer. Does that make any sense? Work from bottom to top. Pattern Papers are Imaginisce - Fairest of Them All.


I couldn't get a nice picture of the inside of the card. I used the SU word window punch to make the opening in the middle of the card. I only punched out about half of the window size in height. The blue piece says princess, embossed from a cuttlebug folder.


Here is the original money holder made at Oasis Scrapbooking in Cranbrook. I need to get me some rub ons. I really like the Happy Birthday look of this rub on. I can't wait to try more of them, maybe with some rub ons!!! They are really quick to make. Another excuse to shop! :o)
Thanks for stopping by! If you have any questions, please do ask and I'll try to explain better!
Kim





1 comment:

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

I thought I commented on this (but then I also thought there was a chance my brain is not mush) ynuk ynuk! SOOOOoooh sweet. Love the circle with teh carriage & da DP & da way you did the sentiment. Love love LOVE it all. Must get measurements from Ya and case you. :O)