Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Mom's Bday Card, SC 189 & CC 179

My Mom's Bday is at the end of August and we are away for two weeks and come back on her Bday, so I had tonight only to get it done. I used this weeks sc for the layout and my newest stamp sets. Stampendous - Posie Doodle I picked up this past weekend down in the states and Little Paper Shops- Still Hot Granny! Poor Mom is having the hotflashes like crazy. We always blame everything on the H.F. (hotflash), so I just had to have the saying from the Granny set.It took way to long to get it done. Between kids coming in and out and getting ready for bedtime and the phone ringing. It's done!!!

Recipe:

Stamps - Stampendous - Posie Doodle, Little Paper Shop - Still Hot Granny and SU Linen BG
Papers - Eggplant, Green Galore (I didn't have Olive), Teal and Gesso paper made by Mel. Great stuff to colour on.
Inks - Eggplant, Grn galore, Teal, Blk stazon
Accessories - Nesties, Paisley cuttlebug, SU ribbons, Turq. Purple and Green gem brads, aquapainter, small corner rounder

Enjoy these last few weeks of summer! I'm off on two weeks of vacation and then back from my babies to start Kindergarten. Boo hoo.. yeah.. I'll cry behind my sunglasses. ;o)

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

Stunning! The layout is wicked especially with the various scallops. Your colouring is hot (glad the gesso paper worked out!) :O) I love how you did the different colour gem brads too. You ROCK! :O)

Anonymous said...

Great card Lady! I love the colours, so bright and perky. I also love (and purchased) that Granny! She's pretty sweet... although I'm only 41, my body temperature has increased dramatically in the last 3 years so I can relate! I'm waiting for some spare time to work on some gesso.... can't wait!
Well I looks like it's about to pour buckets of rain AGAIN so I must run to get my laundry off the line.
Beth Greco

Annapurna said...

How cute. I love the way you decorated the card and topped off with the sentiment.

Mel is always talking about you and now I have a blog to a name :-)

Love the cards you made with the "With Love" set.

Shirley said...

A really cute card and the image is just beautiful the way you painted it.